It’s BIFF time again here in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. As we head into next week’s festivities, I thought it would be appropriate to provide you, our reader, with some tasty tidbits of info about how to make your Boulder International Film Festival experience a total success.
1. Get your tickets (eh hem, RIGHT NOW!!). They sell out really quickly and once they are gone, they are long gone! Visit the Boulder Theater Online Box Office to purchase tickets.
If you don’t know what you want to see or what you want to do, visit the 2013 BIFF Calendar of Events.
Tickets unavailable or sold out online? Rush tickets are often available for purchase at the
program venue box office 10 minutes prior to showtime. Rush on over to find out!
If you’re the procrastination type, be in line early (oxymoron?) for last minute
tickets! There is limited seating and, sadly, you’ll be turned away.
2. Get your Boulder snow gear out and dress warm (and if you are like me, bring a copious amount of hot chocolate). If you did not get tickets in advance,
you should plan on arriving an hour before show time. You will be standing in line in
the cold, so plan accordingly.
3. Are you a film lover? Get the BIFF Festival Pass. This is ideal for the film lovers who want guaranteed access to films, parties and events.
Do you take film watching to the extreme? There’s a pass for that, too! It’s the BIFF Red Carpet Pass! First-class access to ALL BIFF programs, private celebrity reception, parties, workshops and second screenings at eTown hall.
Click the link for information on How to Purchase BIFF Passes.
4. Are you tight on cash but want the experience? Participate in the special events or
workshops. Yes, going to the films is exciting, but to mingle with the people takes it
to the next level.
For the penny pincher: Go to the BAD: BIFF After Dark party at the Boulder Theater on
the 16th. This is a wind-down to the whirlwind of creative films and a celebration of
another successful BIFF! It’s free with a pass and $20 without a pass.
My biggest suggestion would be to splurge on the opening night Valentine’s Gala
for $65. You get 2 parties for the price of 1! Not only will there a red carpet and the
feeling of importance, but the drinks and dancing at Rembrandt Yard are worth it!
There will also be aerial performers for your entertainment.
There may even be some celebrity sightings.
5. Have a Plan B (Or a VERY good friend to stand in line with you)! If you wait until the last minute and stand in line for tickets, you may or may not get in. Take a buddy and have a back up plan so you can enjoy some other Pearl Street activities.
Visit the Boulder Theater Online Box Office to view what’s playing. Click on the film titles to see a description.
-Tips brought to you by Shelley Janes